“KELPIUS” is the new single from 5-piece Art-Rock band SYLVETTE which wase released on 19th June. The band joined forces with New Order guitarist Phil Cunningham and fellow Bad Lieutenant band mate and producer Jake Evans to produce their upcoming album. The origin of their name is a positively unique one, inspired by an enchanting muse frequently pictured in many of Picasso’s famous paintings. Charlie Sinclair, lead singer/guitarist describes the single as a synth influenced post punk epic that paints an otherworldly picture of worship and sacrifice using haunting melodies, electronic influences and ritualistic rhythms. The title of the track comes from the name of a cave in America that the first ever doomsday cult hid in, as they awaited the end of the world. The video uses groundbreaking software Ebsynth, which turns the band into living versions of the paintings created specifically for the video. Philippos Rousiamanis (Violin and Keys) , Peter Leaver (Drummer), Ashley Garrod (Bass) and Jack March (Guitar), complete the dynamic line-up. All hailing from different musical backgrounds, each band member draws from unique influences to give Sylvette an identity completely its own. Think the raw, yearning melodies of Led Zeppelin and Jeff Buckley supported by the bold sounds of Bjork and Aphex Twin, all fused together by the disturbing poetry of Neutral Milk Hotel. Their much anticipated second album “Stiller Than Still” released on (17th July).
– “Dramatic, sophisticated and stylish” – Chris Hawkins (BBC6)
– “The groups fusion of indie songwriting and electronic elements makes for something fresh” – (CLASH Magazine)
– “An intense and dramatic soundscape with some rocking guitar work. Passionate and powerful vocals. It’s my kind of music!” – (Phil Cunningham – New Order)
– “the band produce a truly avant garde concept, one which they execute flawlessly” “a serious, creative and artistic force” – (Absolutely Audio Music)
– “There isn’t a better up and coming band in Manchester” – (Flick of the Finger)