Oakhouse Foods is there for those in need of complete meals delivered direct to their homes
Meals can be booked, and delivery scheduled up to 12 weeks in advance
Oakhouse Foods is a long-standing, trusted and established food delivery service, with over 25 years of experience delivering an extensive choice of delicious, quality frozen meals direct to homes through a nationwide network of friendly, local teams.
With the current climate, for some a trip to the supermarket may not be possible and supermarket to home delivery slots can be difficult to come by. Naturally, friends and families of people living on their own or of those unable to leave the house are concerned about what their loved ones can purchase and consume.
Now, more than ever, Oakhouse Foods has adapted to offer the same vast range of delicious meals with free*, quick, no-contact deliveries** – still with friendly, regular local drivers dedicated to providing a personal service, from order through to delivery. Online booking has also been extended, with people now being able to order up to twelve weeks in advance for peace of mind.
Oakhouse Foods offers a range of over 350 high-quality and great-tasting meals, with a team dedicated to providing food that’s comforting and reliable, all of which can be viewed on the website. A full-colour brochure is also downloadable via this link and can be delivered to homes, nationwide and free of charge.
They also provide something for everyone, no matter the size of appetite, dietary needs or personal preference. Meals for those following special diets such as gluten-free, low-sugar, low fat or low salt alongside pureed or bite-sized ranges are available, with more than 80 well-known recipes also provided as mini meals for those with smaller appetites. The Oakhouse Foods team can also create bespoke meal lists, whether for allergens or preference, which outlines the dishes which suit personal diets.
From comforting classics to a wide range of vegetarian meals, a teaser of some of the most popular products can be found below. Each of which can be placed in the freezer and cooked in the microwave or oven.
Beef Chilli Jacket Potato
This crispy baked potato skin is filled with light and fluffy mashed potato and topped with a lightly spiced beef chilli sauce and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese. Potatoes also come with vegetarian toppings. £3.15
These quiche slices are a lighter lunch option, made with cheddar cheese, ham, onion and bacon baked into a savoury custard and shortcrust pastry base, perfect served with a simple side salad. £3.75
Roast Beef Dinner
No need to miss out on one of the best meals of the week, this beef roast contains sliced topside of beef, coated in gravy and served with crispy roast potatoes, roasted parsnips, carrots and a Yorkshire pudding. Also available in smaller sizes and with different meat and vegetarian options. £5.60
Get your Friday night takeaway for less, this curry contains chicken breast coated in a mild, creamy korma sauce with onions, flaked almonds and basmati rice. There is a roasted vegetable and chickpea curry for vegetarians too. £4.75
Got that Friday fish feeling? This must-have classic features haddock and salmon flakes with prawns and peas in a delightfully creamy, cheese and parsley sauce. £4.75
Sweet and Sour Chicken
If a Chinese dish is more your thing, this exciting dish is packed with flavour, combining chunks of chicken breast, onion and pineapple pieces in a sweet and sour sauce. £3.85
For those with a smaller appetite, Oakhouse Foods has a great range of Mini Meals, with the nation’s favourite dishes available in a smaller portion so nothing is left to waste.
Mini Cottage Pie
Comfort food at its finest, the Mini Cottage Pie is packed full of flavour, with minced beef, diced carrots and perfectly fluffy potatoes. £2.80
Mini Leek, Asparagus and Pea Pasta
Enjoy a taste of Italy for less with this creamy cheese pasta dish, mixed with a range of fresh and nourishing vegetables. £2.75
Mini Fruity Chicken Curry
This mini meal has chunks of chicken breast with apricots, pineapple and sultanas in a mild and fruity curry sauce, it comes served with basmati rice and is low in calories and gluten-free. £3.30
Your meals don’t have to end there, Oakhouse Foods also delivers puddings and cakes to your home such as the Treacle Pudding with Custard (£4.10) or Black Forest Gateau (£4.75)
For more information on Oakhouse Foods or to request a free full colour brochure, please visit: https://www.oakhousefoods.co.uk/
About Oakhouse Foods
We have been operating for over 25 years, offering delicious frozen meals delivered direct to homes through a nationwide network of local teams. Our customers are typically 65+, and in need of a little bit of help in their everyday lives – which is where we come in.
We pride ourselves on how we look after our customers – indeed we supply thousands every week who choose us to make their lives easier, and they tell us they love:
- The quality of our food; nutritious, delicious, and easy to cook in the microwave or oven and frozen for freshness – which also means no waste
- The huge choice we offer; over 350 meals including traditional favourites, vegetarian, world cuisines, puddings and snacks, dietary needs from low sugar, gluten free, puree and more, plus regular portions or mini meals for smaller appetites
- The personal service: order over the phone or online, no subscription & the same driver each week (even putting the meals away in the freezer if customers like*)
How is Oakhouse responding to Covid-19?
As you might imagine, demand for our services has increased substantially due to our customer demographic moving into isolation – and therefore the impact on Oakhouse has been significant. As a result, we have had to make many agile decisions to implement significant changes to our business practices, a few of which are detailed below.
- Keeping our staff safe: working practices
- Our staff are all now working from home as far as possible following a significant systems and infrastructure investment. This includes our invaluable telesales teams across the UK who have all been set up at home to continue talking to our customers daily.
- In order to allow our drivers to continue to make deliveries safely, we have implemented a series of additional stringent hygiene procedures to minimise risk of infection.
- *Keeping our staff and customers safe: No-Contact Deliveries
- Whilst our previous, default delivery service was to take our customers’ meals into the home and freezer, we have now implemented ‘contactless’ deliveries whereby we deliver the products to the doorstep, ring the bell and take two steps back.
- For our most vulnerable customers, for example those who are immobile, we will still enter the home if required, however, we maintain social distancing rules inside the property.
- You can see an example of a contactless delivery here: https://www.channel4.com/news/communities-come-to-aide-of-elderly-amid-virus-isolation
- Leveraging technology
- We have dialled up the importance of card payments in our organisation as a method of minimising the risk of transmission of disease to & from customers and staff
- We have transitioned core manual operations, such as brochure despatch, to machine operation to allow all our staff to work from home whilst continuing to meet customer expectations
- We have made significant investments into the technological capabilities of our website which have given our customers considerable benefits, for example:
- Opened online delivery slots for existing customers for 12 weeks out, allowing advanced booking of delivery slots to reassure and provide comfort to our customers that they would receive food ongoing
- Created virtual waiting rooms on our website to manage the admission of new customers to the service whilst we built our capacity – we have since welcomed those new customers into the business and provided ordering opportunities for all, and remain open to new customers