There are many types of massages in this article you will learn what type of massage you would most benefit from.
Are there any contraindications to massage?
There are some general contraindications, such as bleeding, acute febrile states, and several others. Certain diseases impose restrictions on massage, and for example, there may be contraindications to specific massage techniques or zones. All these issues are resolved individually. Most often, patients still come already examined in the direction of medical specialists.
How long does a massage take?
It really depends on the massage type. It depends on what you want, too. When it is for relaxed purposes, you may want to be worked on consistently until the problem goes away or refers to a specialist, if it’s for wound recovery (car accidents, cuts, etc.).
If you have a little stress , a massage of the neck is probably about 10–15 minutes, with lots of mobility and flexibility.
You could spend an entire hour if you work with a lot of tension and a lack of mobility and flexibility!
It also depends on how much you can handle as a receiver. Neck work can be invasive or intense, and some people can do more work over a few sessions than try to lift everything at once, which some massage therapists argue is a bad idea.
A myth the duration of the massage can be 2 hours or more
This is harmful delusion that can affect the health of lovers of a great massage. There is a physiological norm of substantial impact on the human body – about one hour. Excess of this norm leads to negative
consequences for the whole organism. Skin receptors (mechanoreceptors) quickly adapt to physical effects, sensitivity to massage techniques is reduced by 30-50%, respectively, the effectiveness of massage decreases. You can lie down for 3 hours, but there will be no benefit to any organism from this, but harm …
Compare your feelings with the use of sweets: you ate one candy – tasty, and a box – wrong. Our brain has arranged all the best way to protect against excessive sensations from which you can and suffer. We even have specific neurons, called novelty neurons, for the thirst for change and new sensations allow a person to move up the evolutionary ladder. Therefore, remember the pun: “it’s better not to finish it than to sleep.” The body has taken care of our protection against sensory overdose by reducing sensitivity to them.
Hypertensive and hypotensive should be very attentive to the duration of the massage. In the first case, a long and robust massage will cause an increase in pressure due to a sharp change in the volume of circulating blood and the release of metabolites into the intercellular space, and possibly a hypertensive crisis. In the second case, long- term tactile stimulation and an extended stay in a horizontal position can cause a decrease in blood pressure, dizziness, and nausea. Do not forget the golden rule: everything should be in moderation.
What are the significant side effects of massage?
Despite the many positive reviews of therapy, carried out only with the help of hands, there is a whole range of pathologies in which soft and Hard massage is forbidden strictly.
- Blood pressure jumps;
- Spinal injury;
- The presence of cancer;
- Infectious lesions, accompanied by a rise in body temperature;
- Mental disorders;
- Warly postoperative period.A negative effect is possible due to changes in the functioning of the circulatory system. Over-saturation or lack of blood flow to the internal organs can cause dangerous complications.According to various internet surveys, one-fifth of the patients of the manual doctors experienced discomfort during the procedure, and almost one in ten people notice a deterioration in the condition and acceleration of the progression of their illness.Of course, the effect of the treatment largely depends on the qualifications and skills of the specialist. It is impossible to attribute to the disadvantages of low efficiency. But such an impact must be approached with all responsibility — manual therapy, akin to sapper. Unsuccessful pressure on a nerve ganglion can make a person disabled, or even deprive him of his life. So according to some personal data, more than 40% of all strokes caused by damage to the carotid artery are on the conscience of manual workers.
What are the most popular types of massages?
Massage therapy has a very long history, and there are many kinds of massages. The style and strength of each type of massage are also different. If you choose improperly, it is more likely to be self-defeating and burden the body. Therefore, it is essential to select a massage therapy in London that suits your physical condition at the time. How many different types of massage have you tried?
The most famous of all massage types: the classic massage
The best-known massage technique in our latitudes is the “classical massage.” following the Swedish inventor of the method, Henri Peter Ling, this type of massage is often referred to as “Swedish Massage.” it is one of the most effective types of massage to relieve musculoskeletal discomfort, but it also has a very positive effect on diseased internal organs and provides pleasant relaxation.
The classic massage is based on targeted massage techniques that release tension and have a very positive effect on the muscles. Five different handles are distinguished:
- Painting (with both hands towards the heart)
- Kneading (s-shaped kneading movements)
- Rubbing (with the heels of the hands)
- The knocking (light beating with a loose hand)
- The shaking (with the fingertips or the palm of the hand)
- Dissolution of physical and mental tensions
- Activation in spring tiredness
- Stimulation of the circulation of the skin and muscles (prevents muscle soreness)
- Reduction of stress hormones in the body
- Pain relief (migraine, back pain, neck tension, muscle pain)
- Relief of musculoskeletal disorders
- Solution of convulsions
- Anxiolytic (anxiolytic) effects (eg, depression)
- Lowering hypertension
- Stimulation and improvement of cell metabolism
- Relaxation and tightening of the connective tissue (especially in connective tissue weakness)
- Reduction of water retention in the tissue
- Activation of the lymphatic system and resolution of lymphaticblockages (lymphatic drainage)
- Purification and detoxification of the tissue
- Strengthening the cycle
Hot chocolate massage
In this e wellness massage wellness massage, it treat the body to a bar of special chocolate consisting of an active ingredient-containing cocoa variety, a special shea nut butter, and almond oil. The chocolate is heated in a water bath and spread on the body. Afterward, you will be wrapped with a foil, so that the body can absorb the active ingredients better. After washing the chocolate off the body, a moisturizing cream of cocoa butter, aloe vera, almond, peanut or jojoba oil is applied.
• Slowing down the aging process
• Skin care and firming effect
• Relief of inflammation (joint inflammation, tennis elbow, dermatitis, inflammation of metabolic diseases)
The Tui-Na massage is one of the oldest healing methods of traditional chinese medicine. It is based on TCM’s meridian doctrine and is meant to be a holistic treatment. It combines particular and large-scale massage techniques. The specific method was also known in Europe as “Acupressure.”
- Pain relief by exposing the channels or dissolving blockages
- Improvement of blood circulation and physical dynamics
- Mobilization of the joints and thus improvement of the ability to move
- Stress prevention by regulation of the condition between yin and yang or cold and heat throughout the body
- Support of kidney function (strengthening of bones and tendons)
- Support of spleen function (vitality)
- Harmonization of health status
- Skin care
The Ayurvedic massage is one of the types of massage traditional Ayurvedic medicine, which originated in India. There are many variations of this healing massage, depending on the problems or needs of the treated person, Use the appropriate form of massage. One of the best-known types is the Abhyanga full-body oil massage, which manages the whole body with high-quality, warm sesame oil. Further treatment options are:
- Mukabhyanga (facial massage with a special oil)
- Padabhyanga (foot massage)
- Shirodhara (frontal casting with warm oil)
- Gemstone shirodhara (frontal casting, a gem is used instead of fuel)
- Upahanasveda (back massage with a special oil, then a healthy sweating is triggered by an applied herbal paste)
- Marma massage (stimulation of specific pressure points of the body, such as acupressure)
- Udvartana (the body is oiled, then powdered herbs are applied in the form of a powder)
- Garshan (full-body massage with silk gloves)
- Marma chikitsa (treatment of pressure points of the body with essential oils, specific breathing exercises)
• Shiroabhyanga (head massage)
- Udarabhyanga (abdominal massage)
- Ushnasnahna (lather massage)
- Pinda sweda (therapy with hot rice stamps)
- Synchronized massage (treatment with two massage therapists, simultaneous movements)
- Swaraabhyanga (self-massage with oil) Effect:
- Slowing down the aging process
- Stress reduction
- Harmonization of the nervous system
- Improvement of vision
- Skincare by the rich oils
- Support of the body tissue (build-up of body cells)
- Relief of physical and mental stability
• Development of insomnia
Hot stone – massage
The Hot stone massage is a more than the 2000-year-old treatment method from Asia, north and south America. Uniquely Indian and Hawaiian shamans attributed strong healing powers to the stones. The hot stone massage gently treats and massages the body’s acupuncture points and meridian pathways with heated, smooth lava stones and warm aromatic oil. The hot stone foot, hand, and facial massages are also considered to be particularly pleasurable types of hot stone massage.
• Dissolution of tension
• Stimulation of blood circulation (thereby increasing cell activity)
• Purification and detoxification
• Activation of the lymphatic system
• Stimulation of the autonomic nervous system
• Harmonization of body, soul, and spirit
The Shiatsu Massage is originally from japan and is a special finger pressure massage. It is worked with touches, a gentle pressure, by leaning on and with the massage of certain parts of the body. It’s about rebalancing the body, relieving tension, and releasing the energy flows.
There are two types of massage with a shiatsu massage:
The variant, according to Namikoshi: the reflex points of the central nervous system are particularly noticed (these are pressed and massaged).
The variant, according to Masunga: the energy channels of the body are stimulated by the laying on of hands.
- promoting blood circulation
- dissolution of tension
- improvement of the musculoskeletal system
- relief of indigestion
- strengthening the nervous system
- strengthening the immune system by activating the self-healing powers
- stress reductionPantai Luar massageThe Pantai Luar is a full body massage from east Asia, using special ointments, oils and herbal stamps. During treatment, the body is first oiled and then massaged with a herbal stamp in rapid movements. On the one hand, this leads to the breakdown of damaged body cells and, on the other, it can loosen up cramped muscles.Effect:• Promoting blood circulation Relaxation of the muscles Activation of the immune system Anti-inflammatory
• Stimulation of the metabolism Activation of the cells Detoxification Skin tightening
• Pain relief